We have wheelchair-friendly access, and dedicated toilet facilities at both St Bartholomew’s and Brookes.
Making our practice more accessible for people with learning disabilities or autism.
St Bartholomew's Medical Centre offers an annual health check for patient's with a learning disability or autism.
To help you use our surgery, we promise to:
- Be friendly and welcome you
- Listen to you
- Talk to you
- Use words and pictures to help you understand
- Make our leaflets and information easy to read
- Give you enough time to say what you need
- Meet you at times which are good for you
There is a Hearing Loop in reception for use by people with hearing aids and the building has been designed and decorated to make it easier for people with visual problems. We have a disabled toilet and baby change facilities.
- British Deaf Association
- The Deaf Health Charity – SignHealth
- Action Hearing Loss
- Royal Association for Deaf People
- National Deaf Children’s Society
Blind / Partially Sighted
If you or family members are blind or partially sighted we can give you a large print of our practice leaflet upon request. Please ask Reception for further information.
For more advice and support for blind people please see the following websites:
- Royal National Institute of Blind People (RIND)
- British Wireless for the Blind Fund
- British Blind Sport
Guide dogs are welcome at the surgery but we ask that you be aware of other patients and staff who may have an allergy or fear of dogs.